New all-terrain Traxx™ provides the most significant traction upgrade you can make to the TRX-4. The TRX-4 already has a go-anywhere attitude and the gear to match, but installing a set of Traxx yields a machine that feels practically unstoppable on virtually any terrain. The enormous contact patch and grippy treads shrug off the deepest mud and float across deep sand. Traxx raises the portal axles even higher (over 16mm!) for increased ground clearance that lets you straddle huge obstacles on the trail.
Each Traxx drive unit is engineered for rugged, yet smooth performance. An adjustable tension wheel keeps the treads tight while suspended road wheels allow the tread to conform to surface irregularities for maximum traction. Oil-filled dampers on each drive unit control rotational movements to help keep the tread glued to the surface. The rear Traxx drive units are longer to allow climbing steeper grades with authority.
QUICK FEATURES ON TRX-4 ALL-TERRAIN TRAXX (#8880)
- Virtually unstoppable traction on practically any terrain including mud, sand, and even snow
- Fully-assembled for installation in just minutes
- Oil-filled coilover dampers to control rotational movement
- Suspended road wheels allow treads to conform to irregular surfaces
- Specially designed one-piece rubber treads resist de-tracking
- Drastically improves ground clearance and approach angles
- Designed for all-weather fun
- Sealed bearings on drive wheels
- Low-maintenance self-lubricating bushings on guide wheels
- Longer rear Traxx drive units for steep climbing stability
- Re-usable molded foam storage box
- Sold as a set of four
- Fits all TRX-4 models
Improved Ground Clearance
Adding Traxx to your TRX-4 significantly improves ground clearance. Traxx adds over 16 mm of ground clearance compared to 1.9” wheels and tires and over 8 mm more than 2.2" wheels. Traxx functions similar to portal weights, carrying the bulk of the weight down low for improved stability. Traxx also effectively lengthens the wheelbase while increasing the breakover angle which adds stability while ascending steep slopes.
Increased Approach Angle
Traxx drastically increases both the approach and departure angles of the TRX-4. On the TRX-4 Sport, Traxx offers a full 18° higher approach angle and a 28° higher departure angle. This additional clearance allows you to tackle much steeper obstacles without snagging the bumper.
Unlike tires with foam inserts, Traxx won't absorb water no matter how wet they get. Hardened steel stub axles, rubber-sealed ball bearings for the main drive wheels, and self-lubricating metal bushings everywhere else provide carefree all-weather fun. Best of all, they come pre-assembled and mount to any TRX-4 in just minutes.
- Use High-Torque 400 servo (2255) and High-Output BEC (2262) for maximum turning power in all conditions.
- Depending on how you use your Traxx, slight body trimming may be required. Use TRX-4 Long-Arm Lift Kit to minimize trimming and increase ground clearance.
- On TRX-4 models equipped with T-Locks, keep the front and rear differentials locked for optimal traction and performance.
- On TRX-4 models equipped with two-speed transmissions, always use low gear.
NEW RC CAR
- Traxxas TRX-4
- Traxxas TRX-4